Tuesday, December 6, 2011

are you listening?


Listen. What do you hear? The world is a loud place: full of people talking, competing for the center of attention. How many times in our daily lives do we take time to just stop and listen to all that is happening around us? Whether it’s to appreciate God’s many creations that surround us or to help out a friend, the art of listening has helped me become a more introspective person with a wider and clearer perspective about my place in life.
            When I am in a room packed with loud people, there is nothing I want more than to just be quiet and listen. Listen to what they’re saying, to what they’re not saying, listen to my own thoughts racing through my head. I listen for what I don’t want to be streaming from their mouths.
 I enjoy the quiet moments where I am able to listen to myself and hear who I’m becoming. In this silence, the chaos of the world is made just the tiniest bit clearer. Although all the secrets of life don’t become evident immediately, my little niche in the world becomes crisper, brighter, and more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment