Monday, December 5, 2011

a desperate plea.


Dear occupants of the 5th floor of the Harold B. Lee Library,

Hello. It’s nice to see you again. I’ve noticed that we’ve both been up here a lot lately, and I’m really feeling it’s because finals are coming up very soon. I know that we both have a lot to get done, so I won’t take too much of your time. I just wanted to address a few things that I’ve been noticing as I sit up here studying. First, I was just wondering if you were aware what level of the floor we’re on. You see, this is the 5th floor. The 3rd floor is 2 levels down, and it’s entitled the “No Shh Zone.” That means that you can talk and it’s fine and no one will get mad at you. But this is the 5th floor. The 5TH FLOOR. It’s NOT entitled the “No Shh Zone.” This means that if you talk, it really irritates those around you. Especially when you’re stage whispering and it’s freaking loud. I concede that whispering to your friends occasionally is fine on this floor. But a constant stream of useless dribbling conversation is not appropriate in this setting. Or any setting, for that matter. So if you could quit that jabbering, that would be superb.

I also realize that whatever video you’re watching and sharing with your friends is probably actually very funny, but I would also like to remark that there is a time and a place for everything. And here and now, on the 5th floor of the library, is neither the time nor the place to be showing your friends that latest Kid History video. Yes, it’s hilarious, but not here, where it’s dead silent, and the only noise is your raucous laughter echoing off every wall.

I apologize that this seems like a rant, but I feel that it is an important issue that must be discussed. I would just like to reiterate that you’re not fooling anyone with your obnoxious whispering and giggling. It’s very loud. And I can hear it very loudly next to me as I’m trying to read. So if you could just stop that, and get back to doing your homework, which is what the library is for, then we can all just live happily and in harmony together as one. Please and thank you. Peace and blessins.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so funny! Mostly because I'm pretty sure I've been on both ends of that rant and everywhere in between. I'm pretty sure I've been the goofy guy trying to pull of a study date or study party and just ends up distracting himself and everyone else. I'm sure I've been the bitter bear that wants all the goof balls to take it out side so I can focus. However there have been times when I have almost been in tears because I overheard someone's ridiculous conversation when they thought no one else was listening. Good luck on your blog!

    ReplyDelete